We all know that Michelle Obama is on a Crusade against Obesity. The West Michigan Whitecaps in Grand Rapids, Michigan are fighting back with their new menu for this upcoming season. Fans are voting on the new items to be placed on the menu.
1. Chicken and Waffles – Why did the chicken cross the road? To lie down on a bed of waffles, get smothered in gravy and get eaten by you, of course!
2. Chili Mac Tacos – Think comfort food that took a trip to Mexico. Creamy mac and cheese is smothered in chili then loaded into a hard taco shell to create a taste experience that won’t soon be forgotten.
3. Chocolate Covered Bacon – This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home and this little piggy dunked itself in chocolate to become a delicious treat for Whitecaps fans!
4. Corn Dog o’ Plenty – If the Idaho Christmas Tree isn’t enough corn dog for you, then try the Corn Dog o’ Plenty. A full half-pound, footlong frank that is battered and deep fried to make one gigantic corn dog.
5. Cudighi Yooper Sandwich – If you don’t know what this one is then you haven’t been to the Upper Peninsula. Cudighi is a spicy sausage found throughout the U.P. A sausage patty, smothered in cheese, pizza sauce, peppers and onions could grace the concession stands of Fifth Third Ballpark.
6. Declaration of Indigestion – When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to disband from the tyranny of healthy eating, they should consume the Declaration of Indigestion. You see, all sandwiches are not created equal as this half-pound, footlong hot dog is covered in a philly cheese steak (steak, cheese, peppers and onions) and served on a gigantic sub roll. It is certainly your unalienable right to consume one of these in the pursuit of happiness.
7. Idaho Christmas Tree – Why waste your time eating all of your favorite items separately? This is a batter-dipped hot dog rolled in french fries and deep fried to create the perfect limbed link on stick.
8. Poutine – A real treat from North of the border. The French Canadians have done it again, and this time with gravy. Fries, fried cheese curds and gravy make up this delectable side dish. Tres bien!
9. The Pink Panther – Not sure if this is named after the famous detective or the insulation, but either way it’s delicious. Take a hot dog bun, slather it in icing and fill it with pink cotton candy. Maybe drizzle some root beer syrup over the top for good measure. It’s the dessert dog you’ll have to try this summer!
10. Twinkie Cheese Dog – This dog can survive any disaster and it might cause a few of its own. Simple – a hot dog laid in a Twinkie, covered in cheese. Yum.
H/T Doug Ross