McCain * Palin 2008
Talk about being dismissed! The Party of “Change”, the Party of Diversity kicked Hillary Clinton to the curb like a red headed step child in a wheelchair while the Republicans make history themselves by selecting a woman as their Vice Presidential nominee.
From Michelle Malkin:
U.S. Senator John McCain today announced that he has selected Alaska Governor Sarah Palin to be his running mate and to serve as his vice president.
Governor Palin is a tough executive who has demonstrated during her time in office that she is ready to be president. She has brought Republicans and Democrats together within her Administration and has a record of delivering on the change and reform that we need in Washington.
Governor Palin has challenged the influence of the big oil companies while fighting for the development of new energy resources. She leads a state that matters to every one of us – Alaska has significant energy resources and she has been a leader in the fight to make America energy independent.
In Alaska, Governor Palin challenged a corrupt system and passed a landmark ethics reform bill. She has actually used her veto and cut budgetary spending. She put a stop to the “bridge to nowhere” that would have cost taxpayers $400 million dollars.
As the head of Alaska’s National Guard and as the mother of a soldier herself, Governor Palin understands what it takes to lead our nation and she understands the importance of supporting our troops.
Governor Palin has the record of reform and bipartisanship that others can only speak of. Her experience in shaking up the status quo is exactly what is needed in Washington today.
This seals the deal for me. I will be voting for McCain/Palin this November and not writing in “None of the above”. She eats meat! Moose Burgers! She hunts, she shoots…She SCORES!!!!!!
Continuing from Michelle Malkin, ten things you should know about Sarah Palin.
1. Sarah Louise Palin (nee Heath) was born Feb., 1964, in Sandpoint, Idaho. Her family moved to Alaska when Sarah was an infant. Her father, Chuck, is a retired schoolteacher.
2. She attended Wasilla High School where she played point guard on the state champion basketball team. Her nickname was “Sarah Barracuda.”
3. Palin graduated in 1987 from the University of Idaho with a degree in journalism. She worked briefly as a sports reporter in Anchorage.
4. She refers to her husband, Todd, as the “First Dude.” He’s worked as a commercial fisherman and as a production operator on the North Slope for BP. He enjoys snowmobiling and has won the Tesoro Iron Dog, billed as the world’s longest snowmobile race, four times.
5. Palin and her husband have five children, Bristol, Piper, Track, Willow, and Trig. Trig, born in 2008, has been diagnosed with Down syndrome. Her son Track joined the army in 2007.
6. Her favorite meal is moose stew.
7. She comes from a family of outdoor enthusiasts. Her parents, Chuck and Sally Heath, enjoy hunting and fishing, and have both completed marathons.
8. Palin was named Miss Wasilla in 1984 and was a runner-up for Miss Alaska. In 1996 she was elected mayor of Wasilla.
9. She’s a lifetime NRA member and enjoys hunting, fishing, and snowmobiling.
10. Elected in 2006, she’s Alaska’s first female governor and the youngest governor elected in the state.
I wanna see the Annointed One, Obama attack Palin on the experience issue. Let’s see him open up that can of worms. I don’t think he has the balls to do it.
Obama picked a long term Washington insider for his theme of change while McCain chooses a fresh face Washington outsider. The Hit & Run Media have to be going nuts over this. As of late, Obama has been letting loose his Brown Shirts to attack free speech, I believe now that their pants may have just turned brown and are now matching their shirts…They just shit their pants!